DNA Stellaris vacuum tube headphone amplifier
What began as an idea in July 2009 is finally becoming a dream come true: Introducing the Stellaris vacuum tube headphone amplifier. Building upon the musicality of the Stratus, the Stellaris features bespoke Audio Note UK output transformers (prototype shown without covers) and Duelund CAST capacitors, both regarded as the best in the world, for an unparalleled listening experience. Every component is painstakenly selected by ear for the ultimate in sound quality and synergy working together. The result: Greater clarity, resolution, layering, dynamics, punch, slam, and authority. Hear all of the subtle nuances of an instrument being played and inflections in a singer's voice which makes each performance and recording special.
The Stellaris will be offered in 2 versions:
1 pair balanced XLR and 1 pair unbalanced RCA inputs. The balanced inputs will be accommodated through custom Audio Note UK balanced input transformers - the best available.
Design features include:
• Purist class A single ended triode design
• Output transformers custom made to DNA's specifications in England by Audio Note UK
• Zero feedback or other error correction trickery
• Point-to-point hand wired audio circuitry using carefully selected audiophile components
• Quasi-dual mono power supply with separate filter chokes and capacitors for left and right channels
• Dual 3-pin & 4-pin XLR and 1/4" stereo TRS outputs
• All XLR and 1/4" TRS outputs provide the same power: 1.8W into 50 ohms, 900mW into 100 ohms
• 4-pin XLR output can be used with all headphones - not just the K1000 only. I labeled it "K1000" in honor of the legendary headphone which was the inspiration for developing the Stratus.
• 1/4" stereo TRS outut on -6dB gain attenuation setting has selectable output impedance between 3 ohm (Low setting) and 115 ohm (IEC setting)
• Input selection via rear toggle switch
• TKD volume control potentiometer
• Tube complement:
Input impedance: 50Kohms
Dimensions: 8.5 " H x 17" W x 14 " D (21.6cm H x 43.2cm W x 35.6cm D) including tubes and connectors & controls.
Mains voltage: 100/110/120/220/230/240V factory configurable
The DNA Stellaris is sold factory direct.
Love the sound of silver? Inquire about the Silver Stellaris.
Contact us for information how to purchase
Copyright © 2001 - 2016 Donald North Audio LLC. All rights reserved.